Essay on Pollution in English for Students
This article may help the students to read an essay on pollution in English. Students can also be able to write their own essay on pollution and they can also clearly understand the causes and effects of pollution.
500+words Essay on Pollution in English for students (with headings)
Here, you can read about the essay on pollution in English and you can also clearly know about the causes, effects, and preventive measures of pollution.
This essay is more suitable for students from 8th to 10th class and also for college students. It helps every student to write an essay on pollution in any essay competition.
The manifestation of any unwanted foreign substances in natural resources like air, water, soil,…etc., that cause damage to the creatures on earth is termed as pollution.
Definition of pollution:
Undesirable changes occur in the physical, chemical, and biological characteristics of any component of the environment, which can cause harmful effects on various forms of life or property are called “Pollution”.
Pollutants are the waste materials that cause pollution. Pollutants are generated from different sources. For example; industry, automobiles, thermal power plants, forming, nuclear reactions,….etc.,
Types of Pollution:
Pollution is of different kinds depending on the nature of pollutants.
- Air pollution:- Air pollution is one of the types of pollution, it causes by contamination of air due to the presence of some substances which as a poisonous effect.
- Water pollution:- Water pollution can be defined as an alteration in physical, chemical, and biological characteristics of water making it unsuitable for designated use in its natural state.
- Soil pollution:- Soil pollution can be defined as a decrease in the fertility of soil due to the use of some dangerous chemicals, making it unsuitable for cultivation.
- Noise pollution:- Noise pollution is also known as Sound pollution. The unpleasant and unwanted sound is called noise.
Sources of Pollution:
Pollution is caused by various pollutants and pollutants are caused by different sources.
The thermal power plant, industrial units, vehicular emissions, fossil fuel burning, agricultural activities, volcanic eruptions, forest fires, biological decay, are the sources of air pollution.
Sewage, Industrial effluents, synthetic detergents, agrochemicals, oil, waste heat, are the sources of water pollution.
Domestic and industrial waste cause soil pollution.
Industrial operations, construction activities, and celebrations, electric home appliances, are the sources of noise pollution.
Effects of pollution:
Pollution has adverse effects on living creatures and other things on earth. Pollution affects the life of every living creature that one can imagine.
Pollution may affect the health of humans, plants are also affected by pollution, some precious materials are also damaged by pollution, aquatic life effects by pollution.
Pollution affects more damage to the environment and earth also. It also causes damage to the ozone layer.
It increases Global warming that increases the temperature of the earth.
Preventive measures to control pollution:
Pollution can be controlled by the following measures.
- Industries must be established 25kilometers away from towns and cities.
- Vehicles must be checked regularly and we must try to travel to the mass transport system.
- Don’t spread the waste materials on water and earth.
- Don’t cut forests and trees.
- Planting more trees.
If we all follow these measures, pollution can be reduced.
We know that pollution is very harmful to every living and un-living thing on earth. Therefore, we must try to reduce pollution.
To read more essays please visit our home page.