This article gives students a better understanding of water conservation. Students can clearly understand the importance of water and they can write their own essay on water conservation.

500+words essay on water conservation in English

Introduction:

Water is one of the natural resources available on earth. 97% of water is filled in the oceans in the form of salt water. These are useless to drink. Of the remaining 3% of water, 2% water is found as icebergs in the polar region of Antarctica. These are also useless for human consumption. The remaining 1% is water available for human consumption only.

Even though water is a renewable source through the hydrological cycle in nature, the functioning of the cycle is disturbed due to a few reasons.

  1. Overconsumption.
  2. Climatic changes affecting the monsoons.

As we know that water is being polluted by various sources. Therefore, we have to conserve water and minimize water pollution on earth.

Even low-volume drinking water is concentrated in certain areas rather than evenly distributed over land.

Due to the increase in population and volatile agricultural activities, water quality and quantity have declined. The prevalence of droughts has increased. Therefore it is the right time to conserve water.

Many methods have been adopted to conserve water for a long time. Water is collected from many sources for domestic, agricultural, and industrial purposes. These include drinking water wells, borewells, ponds, rivers, irrigation lakes, and supply canals.

Groundwater exploitation has also increased with the use of electric pump sets, resulting in further deterioration of water availability. Over the past 2 to 3 decades, groundwater availability has declined sharply, and many irrigation wells and bore wells have dried up. Rainwater harvesting is essential to recharge and maintain groundwater balance.

Essay on Water Conservation - Best for students
Essay on Water Conservation – Best for students

Methods of water conservation:

There are several methods for conserve water. They are

  • Drip irrigation:- Drip irrigation is a popular micro-irrigation system used in agriculture. Through this system, water is delivered in the form of a drop to the plant roots. This can save water and nutrients.
  • Seepage pits:- It is possible to collect rainwater by digging seepage pits in one corner of each farm on farmland.
  • Check dams:- Check dams are constructed at suitable places where water is supposed to be overflowing and is wasted.
  • Rainwater harvesting:- Rainwater harvesting is the best method of collecting rainwater or recharging the under groundwater with rainwater.

Water conserving methods:

First, we must stop wasting water in our homes. If everyone follows all these steps, we can prevent pollution on earth and conserve drinking water.

Our government has set up several schemes to prevent pollution and water conservation. We must fulfill our responsibility by following the rules given below.

Every common man can be conserved water by the following these methods.

  • We need to avoid shower baths and tub baths. It is better to use buckets.
  • We should minimize the use of more water as much as possible.
  • We should minimize the use of electricity because the power plants consume tons of water.
  • We need to plant more trees.
  • Washing machines and dishwashers should be loaded fully before using them.
  • Water the plants during the morning and evening. This can reduce the evaporation of water.
  • Rainwater harvesting is one of the best methods to conserve water.

Conclusion:

As human beings, it is our responsibility to conserve water and prevent water pollution. We can’t imagine our life without water.

I hope this essay on water conservation may help every student and also for every citizen that they can understand the significance of water.

Essay on Water Conservation - Best for students
Essay on Water Conservation – Best for students

FAQ -Questions on Water conservation:

Why water should be conserved?

Ans:- Water is an essential element of all living things. We need to conserve water to provide good quality water for our future generations.

What are the benefits of water conservation?

Ans:- The following are some benefits of water conservation.
– Reduce the scarcity of water.
– Protect drinking water resources.
– Save the environment and living creatures on earth.
– Reduce pollution and health problems.
– Save aquatic life.
– Provide safe water for future generations.

Thanks, for reading the article “essay on water conservation”. If you understand the article you can write your own essay on water conservation in any language. To read more essays please visit our home page.